Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I love Pipi.

This is Pipi the cat and I on our last day together. We had a lot of good times in Greenwich Village, just hanging around Washington Square Park eating crepes. I wish I had taken a picture of my view from that apartment. I could see the Empire State Building when I was laying in bed every night.

Did you know that they change the colors of the lights on that building almost all the time (perhaps even every day)? They do it for many different reasons. A few of them are:

1. National holidays (red, white and blue... obvious)
2. In support of the beloved sports teams and universities
3. To pay respects to certain individuals (Frank Sintra's death was commemorated with all blue lights)
4. And of course the Westminster Dog show (I don't know what colors celebrate that)

My favorite part of my apartment though, was its proximity to Washington Square Park. To learn more about this park please come and visit me in NYC.

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how happy that picture of pipi and you makes me. I L.O.V.E. it.

    ReplyDelete