Well I will tell you. When you, darling friend who reads my blog, come to visit me we are going to do the following things:
1. Walk around New York like tourists: this means walking extra slow while looking up and more likely than not taking pictures we think are artsy or unique.
2. Amateur Night at the Apollo: if you are here on a Wednesday you will love this. Harlem has never been more fun.
3. Dinosaur BBQ: this is in Harlem and is to be eaten before going to said am. night. Ashley, you probably won't like this, but maybe your mom will so don't be a diva.
4. Magnolia Bakery: I believe I have mentioned this before, I just wanted to remind you this would be happening.
5. Central Park: duh
6. Washington Square Park: this is my favorite park of the parks so far. It has everything you could possibly want: an arch, a fountain, people playing music, people playing chess, people you live there, and usually there is this van that sells shakes and cupcakes. I'm sorry so much of this blog is about sweets. Don't be surprised that I have gained 186lbs. Thanks.
7. The Crocodile Lounge: ok so I don't drink, but this is such a fun little bar. You buy a drink and get a free mini pizza. Plus you get to play skiball which I will beat you at.
8. Broadway musical: if there is one you want to see I will let you buy a ticket for me :)
9. Brooklyn Bridge: A lot of people like to walk across it. I have yet to complete this tourist activity but I hear there pizza waiting on the other side, so hopefully that will be enough motivation for you.
10. Ride the subway at rush hour: it just wouldn't be a true New York experience unless you did this. You will really feel a lot closer to the city afterward.
For ideas on what you can do for free during your visit you can check out www.freenyc.org and http://www.pulsejfk.com/
I have made a paper chain to count down until your arrival!